Thursday, March 14, 2013

Bucket List (30 things before I'm 30)


This past month or so has been peppered with conversation about the future. What is our plan for this upcoming year? Where will we live after our summer trek through Europe? Leaving China is a sad, sad option but it is one we need to really pray about and consider.

However, because so much is up in the air I've decided to get my hands on something I can be intentional about - and that's going to be a bucket list of 30 things I want to do before I'm 30 (and only a couple of short years to do them in....)

Bucket list – 30 things to do before I’m 30

1. Travel to Vietnam (it's kind of cheating because I did this last year, but after seeing the Rambo series years ago I was interested in Vietnam and I figured starting with one checked off the list would make me feel accomplished)

2. Go on a multi-day bike trip

3. Do a homestay with personal tutoring in South America

4. Get into a nurse practitioner program

5. Take my husband on a surprise trip

6. Take a MENSA test

7. Get in the routine of waking up early for alone time

8. Travel to Dubrovnik and see the Dalmatian coast

9. Get Open Water scuba certified

10. Pay off my undergraduate loans

11. Listen more, talk less

12. Journal and write poetry daily

13. Travel to Istanbul + get a Turkish bath

14. Take rock climbing lessons

15. Buy an Estonian sweater IN Estonia

16. Learn to cook ten solid meals well

17. Be at peace with whatever season my life is in

18. Do another medical missions trip

19. Randomly hop a plane to the cheapest “out of country”location available and spend a few days there

20. Do a road trip in the Northeastern part of the U.S.A.

21. Go on more backcountry camping adventures

22. Eat less sweets

23. Try a new food in every new place traveled

24. Travel to ALASKA

25. Hike the Inca trail to Machu Picchu

26. Read 100 books

27. Learn to salsa dance

28. Write a manifesto

29. Send a message in a bottle

30. Complete a 365 photo project (starting now)

This was quite fun, try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment