Saturday, April 13, 2013

Bathing in Blessings

Though I’ve posted it all over Facebook in a flurry of excitement, I wanted to take a moment to simply write down how memorable this past week has been.


I applied to nurse practitioner programs in the fall assuming I’d get into a “safety” school somewhere in Michigan. Due to random circumstances (statistics classes taken more than five years ago and the like) my applications to my safety schools were rejected. This left me with two top ten schools for the program I applied to – the University of Michigan and Yale. My assumption was that both were a long shot, I’d be rejected and work for another year before trying my hand again. But somehow, by the grace of God and the skin of my teeth, I was accepted to both! I never thought I’d be in the position to choose but I chose Yale! Yale’s program is far more conducive to my professional goals with a stout emphasis on the disenfranchised population and international health care along with far more opportunities for the students.


As if that wasn’t enough excitement, exactly 24 hours later Paul found out that he was accepted to Fuller Theological Seminary! Paul had only applied to FTS because it was the only school he wanted to go to – he has more guts than I do.

My program is very intensive so it’s only two years while Paul’s is three. He is allowed to do ½ online so he’ll work on that while I’m in school and then we’ll head to Pasadena so he can finish his second ½. It couldn't work out more perfectly and I'm ecstatic knowing we get to pass a few years in New England only to turn around and live in California right after!! While sad to leave China this has certainly made it easier on us. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment